Formula 1 Championship - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turkey results / commentary for the write up

2 posters

Go down

Turkey results / commentary for the write up Empty Turkey results / commentary for the write up

Post  jaycee Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:59 am

First run in Q, sitting 8th (ish)

Second Q run, spun avoiding massa, had to put extra laps in on a set of option tyres to finally get a hot lap qualifying 3rd. Tyres were shot for the start of the race, and needed an early pistop

After coming down the back straight catching traffic, hamilton pulled out for a move going into the corner, and, unable to react in time and make it 3 wide, Crosby planted into the back of hamilton. After changing wing at an early first pitstop, he then recaught the back of the field, only to have another touch into the fence, losing another wing. After another wing replacement, a bit much gas trying to catch the pack saw another spin, another wing, and a retirement racing 13 / 14.

What a welcome back to racing!

jaycee

Back to top Go down

Turkey results / commentary for the write up Empty Davidson's race

Post  davo Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 pm

Had a good Q - only one hot lap until the instant engine blow up bug which unfortunately everyone will probably get - very rare, get this 1/100 races. So thankfully my 1 hotlap put me into pole position for the start of the race. What was a good thing out of the engine blow up was that my tyres were at 92% so could run a bit longer on my first stint.

First lap at start of the race Grantham took me on corner 4 on the inside. We clipped tyres and I had to hold onto my car from spinning out. In all fairness it was probably my fault as I darted back in to cut him off in which he already had me on the corner. We raced for the next couple of laps and took 1'st back after Grantham spun out from what it seemed like cracking under pressure.

By first pit stop at lap 14 I had a 15 second gap - put primes on and struggled a little for the next 7 laps or so but was still out in front and by the second pit stop at lap 36 I had gained a 42 second buffer. I Lapped everyone up untill about 7'th position.

Last stint on 2'nd primes I found the car very easy to drive - lapped the rest of the field and in the end had a incident free race.

All in all a good solid rare for me - Turkey is one of my best tracks and happy to come away with a win. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

davo

Back to top Go down